Friday, October 5, 2018

Hello, so I haven't done a bunch of research yet, but maybe this would be a good topic for others in my situation to...

Hello, so I haven't done a bunch of research yet, but maybe this would be a good topic for others in my situation to find...

We have a HICV timeshare through Orange Lake, FL for 94,000 points per year. We paid about $12k 4 years ago. I've paid it off through them (still have a reduced rate loan elsewhere from it). Big mistake...yes we've used it but realize the huge mistake and now I want OUT.

So...what's best? (1) I've read about giving it back is possible. (2) I see these websites for "sell your timeshare", (3) I read about people renting out their points... What would be best to limit my loss?

Any suggested links to read up on options? Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. How much is the maintenance? If you offer 2019 free use and cover closing of ~$300, you should be able to give it away on Ebay. HICV might also take it back if you call them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the response I received on this last time I asked from the community:

    "They will take back your unit if your mortgage is paid in full. this is something you cannot email them about, you must call in for this request. when you get an agent just make them aware you need resale information."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made the purchase, I know you may feel cheated, but can you find a way to use what you have purchased?

    Even if you use it EOY, you should be able to combine your points to get a decent unit during a high demand time.

    Where do you want to vacation?

    ReplyDelete