Monday, June 8, 2015

Called HIVC and confirmed that unused points for the current year do not automatically transfer.

Called HIVC and confirmed that unused points for the current year do not automatically transfer.  The owner keeps and can use the points until they expire but can request that they can be transferred to the new owner:

fax 407-239-5119 Attn: Customer Service
email ownersupport@holidayinnclub.com

If they have their Holiday Inn Account#/Contract# they can send that - otherwise they can provide their name, unit, and week.

Hopefully I can get the old owner to do that - they told me how many points were remaining before the sale but said they couldn't guarantee they would transfer and now that the transfer is complete, I have no leverage :(

If they transfer, I wonder if they'll show up on the correct contract or just some random place in the account?  If not on the correct contract (I'm pretty sure that when a transaction had a problem on the website that borrowed points from one contract were returned to the first contract on the account), the I wonder if it's possible to transfer points between members in other circumstances?  If anyone wants to try to transfer 50K points to me, I'd be willing to pay $5/1K. :)

-Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment